Cataract is a common clinical eye disease with a high incidence. Cataract can be cured by surgery. However, because many people (especially the elderly group) have misunderstandings about cataracts, their conditions are delayed and they cannot get good treatment. This article focuses on several misunderstandings of cataract, hoping to help people face cataract.
1. Cataract can be treated with medicine without using surgery. Surgery is the most effective way to treat cataracts. At present, no eye drops for curing cataract have been developed clinically, and the so-called eye drops for treatment can only play a role in controlling the condition, and cannot be cured. Therefore, patients must not be lucky, if they find themselves suffering from cataracts, they must go to the hospital for regular treatment.
2. The sooner the cataract is treated, the less obvious the effect will be. Cataract should be detected and treated early. If the patient is delayed to the late stage of the disease, more complications will occur, which will increase the difficulty of treatment and affect the treatment effect.
3. There is no need for surgery to take risks at an older age. As far as modern medical technology is concerned, cataract surgery is a minimally invasive technique, without greater difficulty in treatment, and the prognosis is very good, and there is no so-called greater risk, so whether it is a child or an elderly, as long as it meets The standard of examination can be used for this operation. The operation time is about 10 minutes. After the operation, the patient does not need to take the medicine to take the injection, and can use the eye normally the next day. Therefore, there is no need for patients to worry too much.
4. The intraocular lens inserted during the operation has a service life. The intraocular lens used in modern clinics is very safe, has no toxic and side effects, and has good compatibility with patients. It has a soft texture and does not cause more rejection and discomfort. Therefore, the patient can use it for a long time after implanting the intraocular lens without frequent replacement.
5. After the operation, you will be farsighted, and you can’t see anything near you. Due to the deterioration of their own eye regulation function, some patients will have hyperopia, but this is not a problem of the surgery itself, so the patient does not need to worry too much.
6. After cataract surgery, it will recur. Many people think that after cataract surgery, the disease will recur, so there is no need for surgery. This view is wrong. This situation is not a recurrence of the disease, but the capsule behind the intraocular lens is cloudy. This situation is very rare and often occurs in patients with diabetes and systemic diseases. So other patients need not worry too much. Patients with this condition do not need to undergo surgical treatment, they only need laser treatment. The process lasts a few minutes without pain and is very simple.
7. The more expensive the IOL, the better. There are many types of intraocular lens, and different types of groups can choose different types. For example, aspherical intraocular lenses are suitable for young patients, and multifocal intraocular lenses are suitable for people with vision requirements at far, near, and in the middle. IOLs are not as expensive as possible, and patients need to choose suitable lenses according to their own conditions.
8. There are “three highs” that cannot perform cataract surgery. “Three high” refers to high blood sugar, high blood lipid and high blood pressure. “Three highs” does not conflict with cataract surgery, as long as the patient’s vital indicators are normal, they can be operated.
In short, surgery is the only way to cure cataracts, and it is also the most effective way. The sooner the cataract is treated, the better the effect. Patients must not delay their condition, they should go to the hospital in time for regular examination and surgical treatment.