Life lies in movement, not just talk about it
Is life in motion or in stillness? This topic has always been controversial. However, the latest research shows that life lies in movement, not static.
Why do you say that?
There are facts as proof: Editor Ms. S, who is over forty years old, has been suffering from low back pain recently. She started to try sports, skipping rope, running, doing yoga, and playing badminton alternately. After a week, she had no symptoms.
Studies have shown that scientifically performing aerobic exercise and anaerobic exercise can reduce the premature death rate by 30%-50%, reduce the risk of heart disease by 40%-50%, reduce the risk of stroke by 30%-50%, and reduce the incidence of type 2 diabetes. The probability is 30%～50%, the probability of breast cancer is reduced by 20%～30%, the probability of colon cancer is reduced by 30%～50%, the probability of osteoporosis is reduced by 40%～50%, and blood pressure and triglyceride are reduced. Ester and low-density lipoprotein, increase high-density lipoprotein.
Regular physical exercise can not only learn and master sports skills, but also improve the function of human organs, adapt to changes in the natural and social environment, and benefit physical and mental health.
Disease prevention and treatment
Exercise can fight disease, this is not empty talk. Exercise can make the heart “pound”, blood pressure increases, immune cells start to enter the blood, and “troublemakers” such as influenza viruses are found and wiped out in one fell swoop. Exercise is the “protector” of physical health, the “brain element” of nourishment, the “pistachio” of regulating emotions, and the “killer” of fighting diseases.
People whose nervous system exercises frequently can adjust and change their nervous system, increase and inhibit the excitement response of the nervous system, make the mind quicker and the body more coordinated. Regular participation in physical exercises can significantly improve the function of brain nerve cells.
Frequent exercises of the respiratory system, such as stretching and expanding the chest, will strengthen the strength of the respiratory muscles, enlarge the chest, improve the growth and development of lung tissues and expand the lungs, thereby improving lung capacity. The vital capacity increases, the tissue’s ability to use oxygen improves, and the coordination between human breathing and exercise is better.
Digestive system exercise can cause changes in digestive system functions, increasing appetite and strengthening digestive functions. During exercise, skeletal muscle activity consumes a lot of nutrients, so the digestive capacity must be improved. At this time, the body’s digestive glands will produce more digestive juice, the peristalsis of the digestive tract will increase, and the gastrointestinal blood circulation will be accelerated and unobstructed.
Exercise of the cardiovascular system can not only increase the contractility of the heart, but also increase the blood volume of the heart. Persisting in physical exercise can also affect the structure of blood vessel walls, change the distribution of blood vessels in organs, and improve the blood supply function of organs.
A meta-analysis of 391 randomized controlled trials involving 39,742 participants published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine found that in people with high blood pressure, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI) and angiotensin II There is no significant difference between the antihypertensive effect of receptor blockers (ARB) and endurance exercise or resistance exercise. A similar study at the Mayo Clinic reached the same conclusion. Many clinical experts believe that exercise, as a lifestyle treatment for hypertension, has no effect on drugs.
People who love sports all feel addicted, why? Because when the human body performs physical exercise, the body secretes dopamine. What is dopamine? Dopamine is also known as the source of happiness. People in love secrete more dopamine, so the feeling of love is so good. Therefore, physical exercise can make a good change in people’s mood and psychology, and eliminate bad emotions.
Exercise can relieve stress and maintain a good state of mind. The simplest exercise can also relieve psychological pressure and adjust anxiety. Workers at Indiana University in the United States used psychological measurements to assess the anxiety of the subjects after 20 minutes of exercise, and found that the anxiety of the subjects improved a lot from 1 hour to 2 hours after exercise.
Those who are not satisfied in reality and have negative emotions should look for sports that suit them, which can accelerate the forgetting of bad emotions.
Cultivate tough will
Will can be established through practical exercise. Exercise takes physical exercise as the main method and is closely related to cognition, emotion, and emotion. Overcoming difficulties in sports requires different efforts, and sports creates a powerful opportunity for learning to face setbacks.
Treat mental illness
Exercise can not only promote physiological functions, but also adjust all aspects of brain functions. For patients with various mental illnesses, using exercise to achieve the appropriate intensity and amount of exercise can eliminate and destroy the pathological changes and weak psychological guidance, strengthen the mental ability, and ultimately achieve mental health.
Develop interpersonal relationships and improve cooperation awareness
The movement is carried out in a certain society, and it always interacts and integrates with the external environment, especially the collective project can well improve personality and eliminate isolation. Exercise can promote communication between people, improve interpersonal relationships, help overcome loneliness, and enhance the sense of cooperation.
Fatigue is a comprehensive state and is closely related to people’s psychological factors. And exercise can reduce the occurrence of fatigue. Here we must introduce the concept of “excess recovery”.
Over-recovery is also called “over-compensation”, which refers to a stage in the energy recovery process of athletes after training and competition. In this stage, athletes can restore muscle strength and morphological function to their pre-exercise levels through appropriate time of rest, and within a certain period of time, they can continue to rise and exceed the original level. After maintaining this level for a period of time, it returned to its original level. Excessive recovery can improve physiological functions such as maximum oxygen delivery and maximum muscle strength. Within a certain physiological range, it can maximize human function and health, improve psychological and physical health, and reduce body fatigue.
It can be seen that exercise is a “good medicine” to promote the development of physical and mental health. It can not only enhance our lifelong sports ideas, improve physical fitness, enrich our leisure life, relieve work and life pressure, but also have a positive effect on physical and mental health. There are many things that exercise can bring us, such as a strong body and a healthy personality. No matter how the society progresses and how it develops in the future, please cherish your body, love sports, and actively embrace a better tomorrow.