From the IT era to the DT era to the RT era, from “new media +” to “new retail +” to “blockchain +”, the author has evolved around customer value, and we are witnessing what Drucker calls “the future.” Has come.” This is a technology-driven era, but the deeper change is thought, which is the most fundamental challenge in the value Internet era.
In today’s era, technology has been iterating and speeding up. Both enterprises and individuals are under tremendous pressure—the dual pressure of transformation and acceleration. It seems that even sleeping is a waste of time.
Many of the initial successful Chinese corporate brands have benefited more or less from the theoretical output of marketing guru Philip Kotler, positioning masters Ai Rees and Jack Trout, and now suddenly discover that entering the Internet era, China The variety of marketing practices is far more exciting than the exporting country of the above theory.
But no matter how it evolves, customer value is always at the heart of the core. In the era of user sovereignty, traditional companies can only really make a difference if they truly understand what new users are, what is the experience, and where the user value lies in the new era. Every transformation of marketing is based on the evolution of customer value, and it cannot be grasped by users. The transformation has become a passive water.
Long-term view: the three stages of marketing, customer value point network is different
1. Product stage – material benefit value (blank point). This stage is to meet the needs of the point – the market blank. This is the real seller market, the company mainly meets the customer’s functional interests and is also the core value part of the product. At this time, the operation of the company is mainly from the inside out, emphasizing sales promotion, seldom caring about customer value, paying more attention to the blank spots of the market, satisfying the material gap of customers, highlighting the functional differences between their products and competing products, and ultimately caring about sales. amount.
2. Brand stage – emotional dependence value (emotional line): This stage meets the needs of the line – the emotional line. Adopt a broadcast brand strategy to meet consumers’ linear emotional dependence on brands. Because this stage is the buyer’s market, the supply exceeds demand, product differentiation becomes more and more difficult, so the concept of brand appears in a timely manner, especially the brand positioning concept is popular all over the world, and it has a great impact on the Chinese marketing community.
At this time, the brand is not only a compass of trust endorsement and fast shopping. The purpose of brand positioning is to eliminate competition and create mental differentiation, and the cognition is greater than the facts. Brand marketing has once become the culmination of marketing, reshaping the relationship between business and consumers, allowing corporate marketing to focus on customer needs from the outside. The demand for spiritual dependence has become a yearning for the company. Don’t say that these big brands such as Coca-Cola are even the same in the catering industry. For example, the famous noodle restaurant in Shanghai has a good family, which is the memory of “home + childhood”. Establish a brand relationship with customers, and even if you don’t go home to eat, even if your mother is not around, you can still enjoy the taste of childhood.
3. Community stage – social connection value (social network): This stage meets the needs of the customer network – social network, the community meets the network needs of consumers to connect. When the society enters the Internet era, the sales channels are transferred from offline to online. The original CCTV advertising strategy in the era of brand marketing is not good. It is more and more difficult to build a brand according to the traditional way. The relationship with consumers is almost impossible. After 90s, after 00, I don’t watch TV. The demand for personalization and control is unprecedented. They like to interact, like products, and like brands, but they care more about who they are. Consumer circles have emerged, and everyone is more and more fond of small groups, and there is a small group of economic phenomena.
The pattern of brand building at this stage has come down. It turned out to be loyalty after the first popularity. Now it is loyal and then well known. Xiaowan’s co-founder Li Wanqiang elaborated on this in his book “Participation in Participation”: At this stage of the community, companies should pay more attention to users, especially super users, from fans to fans, and guide fans to participate in enterprise products. R & D, manufacturing, dissemination and sales, and ultimately, the production of steel powder to drive iron powder, iron powder to drive copper powder … and so on.
This stage requires the company to have enough tolerance and establish a comprehensive attitude of accepting the participation of fans, thus truly ensuring the openness and transparency of product quality.
From the relationship between the enterprise and the user in the brand stage, the relationship between the user and the user in the community stage means a single linear relationship to a mesh relationship, and once such loyalty is established, it is the most stable, and ultimately it will be inseparable. Who is a big container of society.
Nowadays, many traditional brand companies have not yet reached this stage. Because community operations require content operations and activities around users, creativity and interaction become important. At the same time, it is necessary to monitor the data for the next step of marketing strategy iteration, especially the content meeting. It is becoming more and more important, good content will generate virality, and the brand will become famous overnight. For example, Zhang Tianyi of Funiutang started with an article titled “Why did my Peking University graduates sell rice noodles”, and eventually became a very tagged community. This community has “Hunan people + young people + not convinced” The spirit of the barbaric spirit.
Therefore, to create a brand in the community stage, you must quickly do content, do IP, do interaction, and make the brand personal! The companies in the future are all media companies. Brands without content have no future. Only content can make the company rejuvenate! Haier’s new media is a prominent representative. It not only greatly enhances the company’s performance and brand communication, but also becomes an engine and has developed many new products for the company.
Horizontal view: three core points of the user value chain
What is marketing? Marketing is the process of creating, discovering and delivering value! The focus of the sales promotion phase is to convey value and emphasize sales ability; the focus of the marketing phase is to discover value and emphasize brand marketing capabilities; the focus of the Internet phase is to create value and emphasize the comprehensive operational capability based on user big data.
The Internet era truly magnifies the sovereignty of customers, from the brand era to the brain or simple data research-based positioning strategy, to the decision-making based on the data images formed by consumer behavior data, the user image becomes the origin, and the user value becomes wider than in the past. User value is even more important than brand value. The Internet era requires not only the core interests, additional benefits, or affiliated benefits of the product, but also the user experience.
1. Participation – the whole process of customer value. Because the model of social fans requires steel powder to participate in the first time, customers access the value chain process from the beginning, tapping customers’ pain points and screams, and making products with real customer value, including supply chain, material selection and Process, etc., to product distribution and distribution.
2. Testing – the accuracy of customer value. Enterprises must have a sense of testing, the essence of which is to make decisions based on user behavioral data feedback, rather than relying on their own experience to make decisions. For example, Taobao knows that the through train has a good test function, and the measurement, mapping, and price measurement are all unpredictable. There are also relatively hot Jingdong crowdfunding, many people think that it is pre-sale or raise funds, this is a big mistake, its essence is to collect user behavior preferences data, establish user portraits, make various decisions. Why do the Double 11 merchants start playing 3 months in advance, in order to use these months to quickly collect user data, such as collections and purchases, to make the supply chain’s rapid response capability.
3. Collaboration – consistency of customer value. Companies must ensure the delivery of customer value. Many new media departments are creative and creative, and they are constantly hot for traffic. They don’t know that these ideas may have nothing to do with customer value or brand positioning. More important than flow is customer stickiness, data such as stay time and repurchase, and only by grasping customer value and forming cognitive and emotionally consistent values can we form an active and long-lived community!
The author has been in the industry for 16 years from offline marketing to online operation management. In recent years, I have deeply felt the subversion of the future of new media, new retail and even blockchain. To transform a traditional enterprise, we must truly understand the value of the user experience. This is the biggest difference between offline and online, and secondly, the difference in data online. Only by making the user experience and offline data online and flowing, from IT to DT, can truly embrace the Internet.
Looking ahead: Three challenges facing traditional companies
The entrepreneurs in the deep potential market can feel the rapid development of the above three sectors. It is necessary to spend more time and energy than ever before, and to be fully committed, to keep up with the times and not to be abandoned in the future. .
A terrible problem is that in the past, everyone often called “Internet +”. In terms of marketing strategy, did you do “new media +”, “new retail +” or “blockchain +”? If you can’t understand the blockchain now, it’s just plain, but new media and new retail are really imminent, and don’t give you any room for hesitation!
1. “New Media +” (information value). Brands and new media are inseparable. However, what I have seen most is that many new media people have not considered the core value of the brand, just doing traffic operations! Second, the new media matrix has become more and more abundant, and the distribution channels must correspond to the target population. These are the headlines, the vibrato, the fast hand or the volcano that have risen in these years, and they soon become a new media force.
2. “New Retail +” (Experience Value). Perhaps the term new retail will change in the future, but the essence will not change. The Ali Institute believes that the new retail essence is data-driven pan-retail based on the consumer experience. The core words are consumer experience and data-driven, truly online and offline integration.
The most scarce data under the line is that I don’t know who came to the store today, how long it took, where I went, and I’ve already done the whole process of data acquisition online, and I’ve done thousands of people. Now 80% of offline retail sales are still blank in this regard, and the accurate perception of consumers is in a black hole state. Because of the big data era of artificial intelligence, data will be self-driven, and in a sense, new retail is also a data battle for offline users. What is certain is that a large number of smart stores and even unmanned retailers will appear in the future, and will be truly data-driven.
Why is there a large number of offline stores closed, but at the same time there are a large number of Internet companies opening stores? For example, Box Horse Fresh and Millet House. Because they are using the Internet’s thinking and mode to open the store. If the e-commerce is a wolf, the wolf is still in the sky, and now the new retail is coming, this wolf is by your side. Therefore, traditional enterprises only have a quick embrace and transformation, there is no way out!
3. “Blockchain +” (asset value). When the Internet evolved from the information Internet to the value Internet, from the central Internet to the distributed Internet, the underlying technology blockchain of Bitcoin has quickly become a hot word in the past two years. Many people know that the future is the age of Internet of Things and artificial intelligence, but they don’t know that if there is no blockchain, these progress will be slow. The decentralized function of the blockchain to the center, encryption and non-tampering, and everyone’s accounting, making it an ultimate trust machine will improve the production relationship between people, people and institutions, people and assets.
It is believed that in 2018, there will be an explosion of “blockchain + industry application”. The subversion of the blockchain revolution will surpass the mobile Internet era and be faster! If you say that you have fallen behind in supply chain, commerce, marketing, etc., it is recommended that you pay attention to the blockchain soon.
There is no doubt that blockchain, like new retail and new media, will become a must-have weapon for all walks of life. In a value-based Internet era, many assets in the future can be digitally traded, because they cannot be modified. In the transaction traces of product traceability, logistics, and price transparency, we will all see the blockchain. As the blockchain develops, customer value will enter an updated track!
In summary, the essence of the three challenges facing enterprises is the knowledge and talent pool, and the challenges will be accelerated and more exciting in the future.