Always thinking about a topic, is the boundary between the B-side product and the C-end product clear or fuzzy? That is to say: How to define whether your product is a B-end product or a C-end product? The B end here refers to the channel (distributor + terminal), and the C end refers to the consumer.
In fact, the boundaries between the B-end organization and the C-end organization are very clear: the B-side organization sweeps the street, and the C-end organization sweeps people! I once made a headless word in the circle of friends: the C-side gene could not be found in the B-end organization.
In the past two years, the O2O was a mess. Some traditional companies went to the traditional channels to take the products, and even spent a lot of money to develop the APP. As a result, O2O went to O2O and it was painful!
It is a pseudo-proposition to take the B-end product to do the C-end, because what is done is the B-end posture and routine. Why is this so?
1. The essence of fast-moving products is to eliminate scarcity: instant decision-making, low-cost consumption. Buy, hear, and want to be the fast-moving product mission. The survival soil of this product must be an efficient and low-cost channel layout to maximize the cost of dilution.
2. The openness of traditional channels is instinct: that is to say, one reality that has to be accepted in traditional channels is that the best-selling products do not make money, and the money is not sold well.
3. The survival logic of the traditional channel is “the bandit logic”: This mountain is my open, this tree is my plant, I want to go this way, leaving to buy road money! Money is first passed. Just like the Straits of Malacca, you have no choice until there is no new canal. This also gave birth to a Chinese-style marketing known as “bribery” marketing: channels can achieve and block brands.
The B-end is a natural mountain king. If you have a long time, you will not be able to use it. In addition to consumers, you are not afraid of it, especially in an era where material is extremely rich or even surplus.
The sweep of the street made the B-end organization, because the dealers only took the stage and did not introduce it. Sweeping the streets has become the best way to force dealers to introduce them: Can you not get out? If you don’t introduce me, I will give the guest to Sun Erniang! The manufacturer said. In this context, the dealer is most afraid of losing the terminal.
After sweeping the street for ten years, the guest (terminal) service is good, the appetite is also raised, and the terminal becomes a roadblock!
Who is afraid of the terminal? Afraid of consumers.
Then go sweep the consumer! However, turning around and seeing: the brothers behind the broom are used to bowing their heads, sweeping people not only will not, a broom can not sweep a group of consumers into their arms… Today, B-side organization The martial arts were greatly reduced, and the C-end organization became a weapon.
So, a question is coming: Can the B-end product let the C-side organization do it?
The upper body C-end organization, the lower body B-end organization is the characteristics of this type of enterprise. The communication uses the C-end organization, and the sales use the B-end iron army. The brand that used this martial arts to be purely green, such as Jiang Xiaobai’s F2C2C and Xiaoshile’s F2B2C, is still a B-end organization with a traditional channel. Of course, Jiang Xiaobai’s e-commerce is also very good.
Then, understand the boundaries between the B-end organization and the C-end organization. What is the difference between the B-side product and the C-end product?
1. The B-end product can be used for C-side propagation, but it may not be suitable for C-end sales. This is why the Volkswagen B-end product is dead on the touch screen, and O2O can’t do it.
2. C is the head, B is the waist; C is sharp, B is strong. The so-called sharpness is the differentiation and communication attributes, niche rather than mainstream.
The C-end product is suitable for closed play, suitable for wide distribution; the B-end product is suitable for open play, suitable for close planting. The niche product died in the mass channel. In fact, it is the method of planting wheat to grow corn.
Some people will say that the precise choice of channels will solve this problem. Yes, the theory is established and the KPI can’t spare you.
3. The B end is a stabilizer, an amplifier, and the stability and life cycle of the C-end product are weaker than the B-end product. C-end products are catching the trend, and the trend is the mainstream. The most difficult to convert from C to B is the control of the critical point and the control of the rhythm. Only doing C-side is not big, just doing B-end is not strong.
Having said that, in fact, I want to say a few words about companies that use transformation and innovation as strategies to shout:
1. Do you have a new product? Is your product a B-side product or a C-side product?
2. Do you have new channels? Is your export in your hands in the hands of King Shan? The energy is conserved, and you give the money to the King of the King and build the money for the new channel.
3. Will you spread it new? The era of slogan is over, and the age of social media has long come!
4. Do you have a new organization? The sweeping army is still a sweeping force? Sales are light, products are heavy, and transmission is empowered.
5. The next bonus for deep distribution: precision distribution.
For many traditional fast-moving goods companies, the B-end is a thousand troops, and the C-end is almost in the no-man’s land. When the time of crowding is long, you may wish to enjoy loneliness.