The South American leaf-cutting ants have amazing power and can bite off the huge leaves compared to their size. The weight of the leaves can reach 50 times their weight, which is equivalent to a person lifting 2 tons and a half weight.
The arboreal ants will quickly consume a hot dog like other ants
1. On the earth, except for the north and south poles and the snow-capped peaks all year round, there are almost all footprints of ants on the land. Ants are an insect, a variety of arthropods, and there are more than 15,000 species known in the world.
2. Their habitat ranges from the rainforest to the Sahara. Most ants live in a hierarchical group. In the ant colony, there are generally 5 levels of queens, females, males, workers, and soldiers. Ants, also known as ant kings, are the largest in the group, especially the abdomen, the reproductive organs are developed, the tentacles are short, the chest is small, winged, winged or wingless. The main duties are to lay eggs, breed offspring and manage this large family.
3. Male ants are also called father ants, whose main function is to mate with queens. The female ant is responsible for everything else. Worker ants are undeveloped females, generally the smallest in the group, but the number is the most. The main duties of worker ants are to build and expand nests, collect food, feed larvae and queens. The soldier ant is a common name for the large worker ants of certain ant species, and is an female ant without reproductive ability. The queen can live to 30 years old. In contrast, worker ants only live for about a year.
4. Ants may be considered pests, but they are an important clean-up team that plays a very important role in dealing with garbage: a study conducted on the streets of New York City in 2014 estimated that arthropods are 150 blocks per year. The food residue that can be consumed in the road is equivalent to 60,000 hot dogs. If these residues are not eaten, they will attract and nourish many mice.
5. Sometimes, ants also appear on the menu. In the South American country of Colombia, there is an ant called a big butt ant, which is an indispensable part of the local diet. This ant is a queen of large-scale leaf-cutting ants. The rear part of the queen’s body is particularly large, so it is called a big butt ant. It is eaten after pickling and roasting. Ants have a history of consumption and medicinal use in China for three thousand years. According to records: ants are listed in the special recipes of the Emperor of the Zhou Dynasty.
6. Because the high protein, low fat and nutrient partition in the ant body are easily absorbed by the human body, and the ants contain a complete range of amino acids, the vitamins and mineral elements such as copper, iron, zinc and selenium are also high. It is deeply loved by the world. Today, ants, crickets, crickets and snails are known as the world’s four famous dishes.
7. In Kerala and Venezuela, India, queens are considered an aphrodisiac and a good gift for marriage. Tribes in Kerala, India, crush ointments made of woven ants to treat joint swelling and skin infections. It is generally not recommended to use ants to rub the body, but if used, be careful of the formic acid contained in the venom of many ant species, including fire ants.
8. The South American leaf-cutting ants have amazing power and can bite off the huge leaves compared to their size. The weight of the leaves can reach 50 times their weight, which is equivalent to a person lifting 2 tons and a half weight.
9. Natural antibacterial, formic acid not only gives you a bite of tingling, it also has a natural antibacterial effect. Humans put formic acid in laundry detergents and hand sanitizers, while wood ants mix it with resins to make their nests a hygienic paint.
10. Maintaining a neat nest requires a lot of work. About 60 ants “slacken” other types of ants, letting them obey their orders, usually stealing young chicks and raising them as their own workers. . But sometimes, slave ants will resist, attack their owners, try to mate and lay eggs, and even run away for freedom.
11. “Vampire ants” are ants found around the world that drink the blood lymph of their larvae (essentially ant’s blood) but do not kill them. One such species, the queen of the West’s point ant, seems to survive only the larva’s blood or at least the blood lymph.
12. If you have killed a common intruder “smelling ant” in North American families, your nose will not feel good. When ground, the odorant releases a chemical that comes from the methyl ketone family of blue cheese, giving the blue cheese a unique scent.
13. The Kaigang tribes in Brazil believe that the souls of their ancestors will continue to live in the same form as these inconspicuous arthropods. When it comes to ancestors, the oldest ant fossils discovered so far are found in amber 100 million years ago in Charentes, France.
14. Ants don’t always march. The meritas ants living on the tree cannot walk on the flat ground. This widely distributed but elusive African ant evolved a pair of middle legs that protruded upwards rather than downwards – which is inconvenient for flat surface walking, but for them to dig tunnels for the nest The words are perfect. Meli Sortarthus worker ants are the only ants that can spit silk, and they use silk to seal the tunnel.
15. The trap ants are called acrobats. In addition to jumping forward, you can push yourself backwards by quickly snapping the spring-like jaw down on a hard surface, jumping over a distance of 100 times the length of the body.
16. According to incomplete statistics, there are a total of two or three thousand animals that are closely symbiotic with ants. These animals are called ant colonies. They are symbiotic with ants for different purposes, some for feeding or for their own safety. There is also the need to entrust their offspring to the ants.
17. For example, aphids, the nutrient solution of plants can form “nectar” under the catalysis of enzymes in aphids, and ants like to eat “nectar”, which makes locusts and ants symbiotic. The locusts provide “nectar” to the ants, and the ants carefully look after the mites and are responsible for the safety of the mites.
18. Ants are definitely building experts, and there are many sub-chambers in the ant cave. These sub-chambers are useful. The sub-room of the queen is the largest. There is an ant in the desert, and the nest built is like a castle at a distance, 4.5 meters high. After the fossils are abandoned, they will be taken by some animals to be their own nests.
19. The researchers documented the formation of super colonies by Argentine ants around the world. Studies have shown that in about 1920, Argentine ants accidentally flowed into Europe and may have been shipped to Europe with plants. In general, ants between different nests will fight. However, the researchers concluded that in these huge, interconnected nests, ants are cooperative and do not compete with other ant colonies.
20. The largest super ant cluster found to date is approximately 250 ̈ D miles. It first goes along the Atlantic coast, then to the Mediterranean, from northwestern Spain to northern Italy. Researchers estimate that this super ant colony has tens of millions of ants and billions of worker ants. This kind of social way sounds very worthwhile for us to learn.