Dr. Elk Cook, a preventive medicine specialist in California, said: “Anyone can get lung cancer, but 90% of lung cancer cases are caused by smoking.” For another 10% of lung cancer cases, It is a little difficult to determine the exact cause, but scientists have pointed out ways to reduce the risk of illness.
Recently, the US “Prevention” magazine website published “You can do 10 things to reduce the risk of lung cancer.”
1. Reduce alcohol intake
In general, reducing alcohol consumption is one of the best ways to reduce cancer. In fact, a study by The Lancet in 2018 showed that no matter how much alcohol you drink, it is actually not good for you. Certain alcoholic beverages may make you more susceptible to lung cancer than others.
2. Maintain a healthy weight
Dr. Cook said that a healthy body mass index (BMI) should be between 18.9 and 24.9, which has a major impact on the overall risk of cancer. With a body mass index above 24, the risk of lung cancer and other diseases increases. Maintaining a healthy weight also helps ensure that you don’t suffer from heart disease, diabetes and other diseases.
3. Detecting the level of defects in the home
The American Lung Association points out that exposure to sputum is the second leading cause of lung cancer. Earthworms are gases that naturally exist on Earth and can penetrate into people’s homes through cracks in walls. “I think if you have a family history of lung cancer, you should check your exposure to the environment.” Dr. Cook suggested.
4. Try to avoid daily exposure to toxins
Exposure to carcinogens and other toxins every day, toxins will accumulate over time, affecting health. “Inhalation of other harmful substances, especially long-term inhalation, can also lead to lung cancer.” One type of lung cancer called mesothelioma is mostly caused by asbestos, which is commonly used in roofing and car clutch pads.
5. Adhere to the anti-inflammatory diet
More and more research links chronic, low-level infections to diseases, and adding a large amount of anti-inflammatory foods and spices (such as turmeric containing curcumin) to the diet to improve overall health is a way to reduce the risk of cancer. .
In addition to eating more vegetables and fruits, you should also reduce the consumption of processed foods and get a lot of healthy fat from foods such as olive oil or avocado. Dr. Cook suggested: “You should avoid ingesting high levels of omega-6 fatty acids, such as vegetable oils.” Moderate consumption of omega-6 fatty acids is good for the heart, but many people eat too much Omega- 6 fatty acids processed foods, and excessive omega-6 fatty acids cause imbalance of omega-3 fatty acids, leading to heart disease.
6. Control blood sugar
“Diabetes patients are 40% more likely to develop cancer than normal people because insulin promotes the growth of cancer cells,” Dr. Cook said. The best way to avoid type 2 diabetes and keep your blood sugar stable is to control the intake of sweets and starchy foods such as white bread, baked goods, desserts and chips.
7. You should take 35 to 40 grams of dietary fiber per day.
“Most people take 20 grams of dietary fiber a day, but they should actually consume 35 to 40 grams of fiber,” Dr. Cook said. To increase dietary fiber intake, Dr. Cook recommends adding two tablespoons of flaxseed meal or eating more green vegetables to the diet.
8. Reduce stress and ensure adequate sleep
We have all heard about the benefits of reducing stress and sleeping more. If you want to reduce the risk of lung cancer, the same rules apply. Excessive levels of cortisol, especially at night, increase the risk of cancer, heart disease and other diseases. Taking time to release stress every day, such as practicing yoga and meditation, can improve the body’s immunity.
9. Detection of vitamin D levels in the body
Vitamin D is one of the nutrients important to health. Studies have shown that vitamin D can improve immunity, lower blood pressure, prevent depression and so on. Dr. Cook explained: “A large number of studies have shown that if vitamin D levels reach optimal levels (40 to 50 ng / ml), then it can prevent breast cancer and rectal cancer.” Although many people think that vitamin D is “skeletal Health hormones, but it does help prevent cancer.
10. Drink more green tea, especially matcha
It is beneficial to drink green tea regularly. You can also consider matcha. Gallic acid esters in Matcha have been shown to have anti-cancer effects.
Anticancer recipe developed by the American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Institute has announced new anti-cancer recipes – low fat, high fiber, and natural. The study found that many cancers can be prevented as long as eating habits are reasonable.
1. When eating more than a few meals, vegetarian food should account for at least 2/3, and animal protein should not exceed 1/3.
2. 5 fruits, vegetables, fruits and vegetables a day can help maintain a healthy weight and help reduce the risk of cancer. Experts recommend eating at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
3. Eat less processed meat and eat processed meat such as sausage and ham, which helps to reduce the incidence of colorectal cancer and stomach cancer. In addition, potential carcinogens in bacon and bacon also increase the risk of cancer.
4. Tomato anti-prostate cancer Eating tomato can reduce the risk of various cancers including prostate cancer. Studies have also shown that tomato products such as tomato juice and tomato sauce also have the potential to fight cancer.
5. Drinking green tea green tea has strong anti-cancer effect, it can prevent colon cancer, liver cancer, breast cancer and prostate cancer.
6. Cruciferous vegetables Cruciferous vegetables are the most classic anti-cancer vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale and kale, which contain nutrients that can fight colon cancer, lung cancer, cervical cancer and so on.